- Jun 7, 2022, 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Jun 9, 2022, 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Jun 16, 2022, 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Jun 30, 2022, 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
Applications are closed for this four-session Regional Program.
Through the program, we provide training and grants to support team-based customer research aimed at investigating the viability and societal impact of scientific and technological discoveries.
Our four-session program helps researchers explore the customer perspective to inform how a discovery or innovation can become the basis of a successful startup or venture.
To apply to attend the Regional Program, researchers must form a team of at least two people involved with the scientific or technological discovery. The team must include:
- an entrepreneurial lead (often a postdoctoral researcher, graduate student or undergraduate) and
- a technical lead (usually a faculty member)
Apply by May 2, 2022.
Training: Four sessions introducing the Lean LaunchPad methodology which focuses on customer discovery research to evaluate the potential of your idea to solve problems and provide value. View a sample course agenda.
- June 7, 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
- June 9, 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
- June 16, 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
- June 30, 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
Funding: Grants of up to $3,000 are provided to each selected team and can be used to fund expenses related to customer discovery research, including conferences and marketing tools.
Resources: Selected teams will receive mentorship from seasoned entrepreneurs and innovators. Teams may also utilize many other programs offered by the Hub-affiliated institutions.
Follow-on opportunities: Upon completion, teams are eligible for the national NSF I-Corps Teams program which provides an intensive 7-week training course and a $50,000 grant.