Learn about the impact your research could have for societal benefit!
The I-Corps Northeast Hub Propelus program provides specialized training and grants of up to $3,000 to teams interested in exploring the commercial viability of their ideas for products and businesses that are based on their own inventions, University intellectual property, or any STEM-related technology.
Who Should Attend
- Faculty, postdoctoral researchers, and graduate students who are developing a scientific or technical discovery at any institution in the Northeast.
- Student innovators with an idea for a STEM-based innovation wanting to take the idea beyond the classroom into the market
- Startups in the region with a deep-tech innovation looking to explore its commercial potential
- TRAINING: Four sessions introduce the I-Corps Lean LaunchPad approach to evaluating technologies through customer-discovery research, focused on identifying the technology’s potential for development in a startup or other venture.
- FUNDING: Grants of up to $3,000 are provided to each team and can be used to fund customer-discovery research and expenses such as conference attendance and marketing tools.
- RESOURCES: Teams will receive mentorship from seasoned entrepreneurs and innovators. Teams may also access other programs offered by Hub-affiliated institutions.
- FOLLOW-ON OPPORTUNITIES: Upon completion, teams are eligible for the national NSF I-Corps Teams program which provides an intensive 7-week training course and a $50,000 grant.
- Rolling applications for the Propelus program are being accepted and the required sessions will take place:
- September/October program: 9/29, 10/4, 10/13, 10/20 from 4:00pm to 7:00pm ET
- November program: 11/7, 11/9, 11/16, 11/30 from 9:30am to 12:30pm ET
*Required Mentor Meetings scheduled once a week.