Make a real-world impact with your cleantech innovation by turning it into a product or service that provides value to customers.
This 4-week Cleantech Propelus I-Corps program will be a collaboration between Cleantech Open Northeast and the Northeast I-Corps Hub. Together, we support research teams and aspiring startups with cleantech innovations to advance those technologies forward so we can solve our greatest environmental and energy challenges.
The National Science Foundation (NSF) I-Corps Hub: Northeast Regional program provides specialized training and mini grants of up to $3,000 to teams interested in exploring the commercial viability of their ideas for products and businesses that are based on their own inventions, University intellectual property, or any STEM-related technology.
- Christina Pellicane, Lead Instructor, Northeast I-Corps Hub
- Carly Joos, Partnerships Maanger, Cleantech Open Northeast
Who Should Attend
- Faculty, postdoctoral researchers, graduate students and/or undergraduates who are developing a scientific or technical discovery at any institution in the Northeast.
- Student innovators with an idea for a STEM-based innovation wanting to take the idea beyond the classroom into the market
- Startups in the region with a deep-tech innovation looking to explore its commercial potential
- TRAINING: Four sessions introduce the I-Corps Lean LaunchPad approach to evaluating technologies through customer-discovery research, focused on identifying the technology’s potential for development in a startup or other venture.
- FUNDING: Grants of up to $3,000 are provided to each team and can be used to fund customer-discovery research and expenses such as conference attendance and marketing tools.
- RESOURCES: Teams will receive mentorship from seasoned entrepreneurs and innovators. Teams may also access other programs offered by Hub-affiliated institutions.
- FOLLOW-ON OPPORTUNITIES: Upon completion, teams are eligible for the national NSF I-Corps Teams program which provides an intensive 7-week training course and a $50,000 grant.
Rolling applications for the Northeast I-Corps Hub Cleantech Regional Program are being accepted; the required sessions are as follows:
- Cleantech Cohort (Cohort 10)*: July 6, 10, 17, and 31 from 9:30am - 12:30 PM ET
- Not involved with cleantech research but working on a deep tech innovation in another field? Check out our standard Propelus Cohort 11 running in July/August.
*Required Mentor Meetings scheduled once a week.