Take your novel ideas to the next level by understanding how your research discovery or innovation can create value for potential customers. Learn about the people who could benefit from the commercialization of your technology and deepen your connections to the market ecosystem. Develop your skills for innovation, entrepreneurship, and technology commercialization through experiential learning. For scientific researchers, innovators, and tech-entrepreneurs, I-Corps has become the standard for commercializing research discoveries and technological innovations across the country.
The next 4-week Propelus I-Corps program hosted by the Northeast I-Corps Hub will take place in Jan 2024.
Visit the Propleus I-Corps January 2024 event page to apply now.
The National Science Foundation (NSF) I-Corps Hub Northeast Regional program provides specialized training and mini grants of up to $3,000 to teams interested in exploring the commercial viability of their ideas for products and businesses that are based on their own inventions, University intellectual property, or any STEM-related technology.
- Lillie Rukestein, Manager, Entrepreneurial Community
- Shintaro Kaido, Executive Director, Drexel Applied Innovation
- Chelsea Samuelson, Director, Startup Funding Programs
Who Should Attend
- Faculty, postdoctoral researchers, graduate students and/or undergraduates who are developing a scientific or technical discovery at any institution in the Northeast.
- Student innovators with an idea for a STEM-based innovation wanting to take the idea beyond the classroom into the market
- Innovators from across the Northeast region looking to commericalize their technology
- Startups founders in the region with a technology-based innovation looking to explore its commercial potential
- Novus I-Corps Participants from across the Northeast Region
- TRAINING: Four sessions introduce the I-Corps Lean LaunchPad approach to evaluating technologies through customer-discovery research, focused on identifying the technology’s potential for development in a startup or other venture.
- FUNDING: Grants of up to $3,000 are provided to each team and can be used to fund customer-discovery expenses such as travel to conferences & trade shows, patient advocacy groups, and LinkedIn Premium
- RESOURCES: Teams will receive mentorship from seasoned entrepreneurs and innovators. Teams may also access other programs offered by Hub-affiliated institutions.
- FOLLOW-ON OPPORTUNITIES: Upon completion, teams are eligible for the national NSF I-Corps Teams program which provides an intensive 7-week training course and a $50,000 grant.
Applications for the Northeast I-Corps Hub Propelus Regional Program are being accepted; the required sessions are as follows:
- Propelus I-Corps dates*: Jan 9, 12, 19, and 26, 2024 from 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM ET (Tues/Fri morning schedule)
- Application Deadline: December 5, 2023
*Required Mentor Meetings scheduled once a week