A Light Breakfast and Networking Lunch will be provided, so please RSVP by Monday, October 30, 2023.
Learn about the impact your research or innovation could have in solving real-world problems by attending our Novus I-Corps Program at the Rutgers University - Camden Campus , a half-day introduction to I-Corps, co-sponsored by the Northeast I-Corps Hub, Research Office at Rutgers University - Camden and Rutgers Office for Research.
The Novus I-Corps Program at the Rutgers University - Camden Campus program provides an opportunity for individuals and teams with innovations to:
- Shift the mindset from science and technology to the learning about the people it could benefit
- Understand how Customer Discovery drives innovation (and gets you out of the building!)
- Meet local I-Corps Program Leaders and Tech Transfer Officers to guide your journey
- Learn tips for success from an I-Corps Alumni Panel sharing their experience
- (Optional) Network with innovation-minded individuals to help form teams or guide your next steps
Who Should Attend:
- Individuals, including community members and local entrepreneurs, who want to learn how innovation happens at the Rutgers University and potentially join a team.
- Rutgers University faculty, postdoctoral researchers, graduate students, undergraduates, and alumni who are developing a scientific or technical discovery.
- Student Organization / Program Leaders who want to learn more about how I-Corps can benefit their members.
- TRAINING: Three-hour training introducing the I-Corps Lean LaunchPad approach to evaluating technologies through customer-discovery research, focused on identifying the technology’s potential for development in a startup or other venture.
- NETWORKING: Build relationships with local I-Corps program leaders to get guidance and support. Individuals can form teams to be eligible to apply for the Regional I-Corps program.
- PREPARATION: Attendees will be prepared to begin a journey of Customer Discovery with their own team or with a team they newly created.
- FOLLOW-ON OPPORTUNITIES: Attendees can be fast-tracked to a 4-week Regional I-Corps Program in Cohort 14 (Jan 2024) and have access to a $3,000 NSF grant to do Customer Discovery.