Learn about the impact your research could have for societal benefit!
The National Science Foundation (NSF) I-Corps Hub: Northeast Regional program provides specialized training and mini grants of up to $3,000 to teams interested in exploring the commercial viability of their ideas for products and businesses that are based on their own inventions, University intellectual property, or any STEM-related technology.
Who Should Attend
- Faculty, postdoctoral researchers, graduate students and/or undergraduates who are developing a scientific or technical discovery at any institution in the Northeast.
- Student innovators with an idea for a STEM-based innovation wanting to take the idea beyond the classroom into the market
- Startups in the region with a deep-tech innovation looking to explore its commercial potential
- TRAINING: Four sessions introduce the I-Corps Lean LaunchPad approach to evaluating technologies through customer-discovery research, focused on identifying the technology’s potential for development in a startup or other venture.
- FUNDING: Grants of up to $3,000 are provided to each team and can be used to fund customer-discovery research and expenses such as conference attendance and marketing tools.
- RESOURCES: Teams will receive mentorship from seasoned entrepreneurs and innovators. Teams may also access other programs offered by Hub-affiliated institutions.
- FOLLOW-ON OPPORTUNITIES: Upon completion, teams are eligible for the national NSF I-Corps Teams program which provides an intensive 7-week training course and a $50,000 grant.
Rolling applications for the Northeast I-Corps Hub Regional Program are being accepted and the required sessions will take place:
- Cohort 7: February 14, 16, 23 and March 2, 2023 from 1:00-4:00 pm ET.
- Cohort 8: April 6, 11, 18 and 25, from 9:30am-12pm ET.
*Required Mentor Meetings scheduled once a week.