A Networking Lunch will be provided, so please RSVP by Monday, April 5, 2023.
Learn about the impact your research or innovation could have in solving real-world problems by attending our Novus I-Corps Program at Rutgers-Newark, a half-day introduction to I-Corps, co-hosted by the Rutgers-Newark Research Office, Rutgers Newark-School of Graduate Studies, Rutgers Office for Research, and the NSF I-Corps Northeast Hub.
The Novus I-Corps Program at Rutgers-Newark provides an opportunity for individuals and teams with innovations to:
- Shift the mindset from science and technology to the learning about the people it could benefit
- Understand how Customer Discovery drives innovation (and gets you out of the building!)
- Meet local I-Corps Program Leaders and leaders in Tech Transfer to guide your journey
- Learn tips for success from an I-Corps Alumni Panel sharing their experience
- Network with innovation-minded individuals to help form teams or guide your next steps
Who Should Attend: (Individuals and teams from any Rutgers University campus are invited)
- Rutgers University faculty, postdoctoral researchers, graduate students, undergraduates, and alumni who are developing a scientific or technical discovery.
- Individuals, including community members and local entrepreneurs, who want to learn how innovation happens at the Rutgers University and potentially join a team.
- Student Organization / Program Leaders who want to learn more about how I-Corps can benefit their members.
- TRAINING: Three-hour training introducing the I-Corps Lean LaunchPad approach to evaluating technologies through customer-discovery research, focused on identifying the technology’s potential for development in a startup or other venture.
- NETWORKING: Build relationships with local I-Corps program leaders to get guidance and support. Individuals can form teams to be eligible to apply for the Regional I-Corps program.
- PREPARATION: Attendees will be prepared to begin a journey of Customer Discovery with their own team or with a team they newly created.
- FOLLOW-ON OPPORTUNITIES: Attendees can be fast-tracked to an upcoming 4-week regional I-Corps Program and have access to a $3,000 NSF grant to do Customer Discovery. Teams who complete 20+ interviews after Novus can become eligible to apply for the $50k National I-Corps Teams program.
Applications for the Propelus I-Corps Program (Apr 2024) are being accepted; the required sessions are as follows:
- Propelus I-Corps dates*: Apr 2, 5, 12, 26, 2024 from 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM ET (Tues/Fri morning schedule)
- Propelus Application Deadline: March 12, 2024